- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 74. Civil Suits.
previous: Section 72
next: Section 75
. Record and Index of Claim.
AS 34.35.074. Civil Suits.
- (a) A person injured by a violation of AS 34.35.050
- 34.35.120 may bring a civil action
- (1) except as provided in AS 34.35.062
(c), for actual and consequential damages that are proximately caused by the violation plus costs, including reasonable
- (2) to enjoin the violation, and if the person prevails, the person shall be awarded costs, including reasonable attorney
- (b) A claimant who gives a stop-lending notice or has a claim of lien recorded under AS 34.35.075
and who fails to promptly revoke the stop-lending notice or remove the claim of lien from the record upon receiving
payment in full on the claim or discovering that the stop-lending notice or claim of lien is in error, unjust,
premature, or excessive is liable for actual and consequential damages caused by giving the stop-lending notice or
improperly recorded claim of lien plus costs, including reasonable attorney fees.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.