- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 65. Notice of Nonresponsibility.
previous: Section 64
. Notice of Right to Lien.
next: Section 67
. Recording Notice of Right to Lien.
AS 34.35.065. Notice of Nonresponsibility.
- (a) A building or improvement mentioned in AS 34.35.050
constructed with the knowledge of the owner of the land or the person having or claiming an interest in the land is
considered to be constructed at the instance of the owner or person having or claiming the interest.
- (b) The interest owned or claimed is subject to a lien recorded under AS 34.35.050
- 34.35.120, unless
- (1) the owner or person having or claiming an interest in the land gives notice within three days after the owner or other
person obtains knowledge of the construction, alteration, or repair that the owner or other person will not be
responsible for it, by posting a notice to that effect in writing in some conspicuous place upon the land or upon the
building or other improvement located on the land;
- (2) the notice is signed by the owner or person having or claiming an interest in the land in the presence of two
attesting witnesses or acknowledged by the owner or other person before a notary public;
- (3) the posting of notice is attested to by a witness; and
- (4) an attested or notarized copy of the notice is recorded with the recorder of the recording district in which the land,
building, or other improvement is located within three days after the posting of the notice.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.