- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 3. Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
- Section 80. Disclosure.
previous: Section 70
. Security Deposits and Prepaid Rent.
next: Section 90
. Landlord to Supply Possession of the Dwelling Unit.
AS 34.03.080. Disclosure.
- (a) The landlord or a person authorized to enter into a rental agreement on behalf of the landlord shall disclose to the
tenant in writing at or before the commencement of the tenancy the name and address of
- (1) the person authorized to manage the premises; and
- (2) an owner of the premises or a person authorized to act for and on behalf of the owner for the purpose of service of
process and for the purpose of receiving and receipting for notices and demands.
- (b) The information required to be furnished by this section shall be kept current and this section extends to and is
enforceable against any successor landlord, owner, or manager.
- (c) A person who fails to comply with (a) of this section becomes an agent of each person who is a landlord for the
- (1) service of process and receiving and receipting for notices and demands; and
- (2) performing the obligations of the landlord under this chapter and under the rental agreement and expending or making
available for the purpose all rent collected from the premises.
- (d) A mobile home park operator shall disclose fully in writing all capital improvements that will be required to be made
by the tenant including but not limited to skirting or utility hook-ups, before entering into a rental agreement.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.