- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 36. Interstate Corrections Compacts
- Section 140. State Council.
previous: Section 135
. Review of Rules.
next: Section 145
. Application Fee; Deposit.
AS 33.36.140. State Council.
- (a) There is created the State Council for Interstate Adult Offender Supervision to implement the provisions of the
compact set out in AS 33.36.110. The state council
shall meet as frequently as necessary to carry out its responsibilities.
- (b) The state council consists of seven members as follows:
- (1) the commissioner of corrections; the commissioner of corrections may name a designee to serve in this capacity;
- (2) the compact administrator appointed under AS 33.36.130
- (3) an attorney employed in the Department of Law, appointed by the governor;
- (4) two members appointed by the governor from among the citizens of the state, at least one of whom must be a
representative from victims' groups;
- (5) one ex officio nonvoting member from the legislative branch selected by the legislature and one ex officio nonvoting
member from the judicial branch selected by the judiciary.
- (c) The commissioner of corrections or the commissioner's designee shall serve as chair of the state council.
- (d) The term of office of a member of the state council appointed under (b)(4) of this section is three years. The members
of the state council appointed under (b)(3) and (4) of this section serve at the pleasure of the governor.
- (e) Voting members of the state council who are not state employees receive no salary for their work on the council, but
are entitled to per diem and travel expenses authorized for other boards and commissions.
- (f) The state council shall
- (1) designate the compact administrator, appointed under AS 33.36.130, as its commissioner to the Interstate
Commission for Adult Offender Supervision under the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision set out in AS 33.36.110
; if the compact administrator is unavailable to serve as commissioner at a meeting of the Interstate Commission for
Adult Offender Supervision, the council shall designate another person to serve in place of the compact administrator;
- (2) exercise oversight and advocacy concerning the state's participation in the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender
- (3) subject to available appropriations and other legal obligations, recommend policy development concerning the
operations and procedures of the compact within the state; and
- (4) make recommendations to the legislature to facilitate the implementation of the compact and the rules and bylaws
adopted by the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.