- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 16. Parole Administration
- Section 60. Duties of the Board.
previous: Section 50
. Meetings of the Board.
next: Section 70
AS 33.16.060. Duties of the Board.
- (a) The board shall
- (1) serve as the parole authority for the state;
- (2) upon receipt of an application, consider the suitability for parole of a prisoner who is eligible for special medical
or discretionary parole;
- (3) impose parole conditions on all prisoners released under discretionary or mandatory parole;
- (4) under AS 33.16.210
, discharge a person from parole when custody is no longer required;
- (5) maintain records of the meetings and proceedings of the board;
- (6) recommend to the governor and the legislature changes in the law administered by the board;
- (7) recommend to the governor or the commissioner changes in the practices of the department and of other departments of
the executive branch necessary to facilitate the purposes and practices of parole;
- (8) upon request of the governor, review and recommend applicants for executive clemency; and
- (9) execute other responsibilities prescribed by law.
- (b) The board shall adopt regulations under the Administrative Procedure Act (AS 44.62)
- (1) establishing standards under which the suitability of a prisoner for special medical or discretionary parole shall be
- (2) providing for the supervision of parolees and for recommitment of parolees; and
- (3) governing procedures of the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.