- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 5. Probation Administration Act
- Section 20. Duties of Commissioner.
previous: Section 10
. Powers of Commissioner.
next: Section 30
. Probation Officers as Officers of Court.
AS 33.05.020. Duties of Commissioner.
- (a) The commissioner shall appoint and make available to the superior court, where necessary, qualified probation officers
- (b) The commissioner shall fix probation officers' and assistants' salaries, assign them to the various judicial
districts, and shall provide for their necessary expenses including clerical services and travel. The commissioner may
assign to all probation officers and personnel any duties concerning the administration of the parole system as
provided in AS 33.16.
- (c) The commissioner shall by regulation
- (1) establish standards for calibration, certification, maintenance, and monitoring of ignition interlock devices required
as a condition of probation under AS 12.55.102
- (2) establish a fee to be paid by the manufacturer for the cost of certifying an ignition interlock device.
- (d) The regulations in (c) of this section must require that the ignition interlock device operate reliably over the range
of automobile environments, otherwise known as automobile manufacturing standards, for the geographic area for which
the device is certified.
- (e) The commissioner shall notify the manufacturer of the ignition interlock device when the device is certified. The
commissioner may not certify an ignition interlock device unless the device prominently displays a label warning that a
person circumventing or tampering with the device in violation of AS 11.76.140
may be imprisoned up to 30 days and fined up to $500.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.