- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 610. Grant Procedure; Contract.
previous: Section 600
. Human Services Community Matching Grants.
next: Section 620
. Allocation of Money.
AS 29.60.610. Grant Procedure; Contract.
- (a) If a qualified municipality wishes to apply for a grant under AS 29.60.600, the municipality shall apply for a grant for a
fiscal year by submitting a form prescribed by the commissioner of health and social services before October 1 of the
preceding fiscal year. The application must generally describe the services that are proposed to be funded with the
grant and include the following information:
- (1) a statement that each proposed service will meet the goals established under AS 47.75.010
and an explanation of why the service is necessary to prevent or alleviate serious mental or physical hardship; this
explanation must be supported by a needs assessment carried out by the municipality;
- (2) a description of the categories of individuals to whom the services are to be provided; and
- (3) an estimate of the expenditures required for each of the services to be provided.
- (b) A human services community matching grant shall be allotted in accordance with an agreement made between the grantee
and the commissioner of health and social services on behalf of the state. The agreement may include any provision
agreed upon by the parties and must include the following provisions:
- (1) a statement by the grantee that the match requirement of AS 29.60.600 has been met by the grantee;
- (2) estimates of reasonable costs of funding the services; and
- (3) a requirement that no more than five percent of the grant money received under AS 29.60.600
may be used for municipal administrative costs connected with distributing the grant money to the private nonprofit
agencies providing the services.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.