- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 410. Grant Procedures.
previous: Section 400
. Grants For Community Facilities.
next: Section 420
AS 29.60.410. Grant Procedures.
- (a) An application for a grant under AS 29.60.400
shall be made in a form prescribed by the commissioner.
- (b) A grant shall be allotted in accordance with an agreement made between the commissioner on behalf of the state and the
grantee. The agreement may include any provision agreed upon by the parties and must include in substance the
- (1) estimates of reasonable costs of the study or project as approved by the commissioner after consultation with the
Department of Transportation and Public Facilities;
- (2) a schedule of disbursements of money from the grant if the commissioner determines that the grant money is not to be
disbursed in one sum;
- (3) agreement by the grantee
- (A) to proceed with and complete the proposed study or project expeditiously;
- (B) not to discontinue operation or dispose of all or part of a community facility for which it receives a grant without
the approval of the commissioner;
- (C) to apply for and make reasonable efforts to secure federal assistance that may be available for the study or project,
subject to any conditions the commissioner may require to maximize the amounts of that assistance available for all
projects in the state;
- (D) to provide for payment of the grantee's share of the cost of the study or project;
- (E) that, if federal assistance for a study or project becomes available to the grantee that was not included in the
calculation of the amount of the grant, the value of the federal assistance shall be subtracted from the total value of
the project and the balance shall be equally divided between the grantee and the state;
- (4) alteration or modification of an approved study or project;
- (5) alteration or modification of an existing facility that would have qualified for a grant at the time of initial
construction if AS 29.60.400 - 29.60.440 had been in effect;
- (6) remedies in case of failure to perform the agreement or noncompliance with regulations adopted under AS 29.60.420
- (c) The commissioner shall require in negotiations and in each grant agreement that continued maintenance of the community
facility is the responsibility of the municipality. The municipality must show the feasibility of continuing to
maintain the facility before state money may be authorized for a grant.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.