- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 400. Grants For Community Facilities.
previous: Section 375
next: Section 410
. Grant Procedures.
AS 29.60.400. Grants For Community Facilities.
- (a) Within the limits of appropriations for the purpose the department shall make matching grants in accordance with the
provisions of AS 29.60.410 - 29.60.440 to municipalities or their nonprofit designees
- (1) 50 percent of the estimated reasonable costs of construction of municipal civic, convention, and community recreation
- (2) 50 percent of the cost of feasibility studies relating to the construction of municipal civic, convention, and
community recreation centers.
- (b) A grant may be made under this section only to a municipality with the power to implement the study or project for
which the grant is authorized or to its nonprofit designee. A grant for only one study and one project may be awarded
to a municipality or its designee under this section.
- (c) In this section "costs of construction" means, in addition to costs directly related to a project, the sum of all
costs of financing and carrying out the project, including the costs of all necessary studies, surveys, plans and
specifications, architectural, engineering or other special services, acquisition of real property, site preparation
and development, purchase, construction, reconstruction and improvement of real property and the acquisition of
machinery and equipment necessary to the project; an allocable portion of the administrative and operating expenses of
the grantee; and the cost of financing the project, including interest on bonds issued to finance the project, the cost
of indemnity and surety bonds, premiums on insurance, legal fees, fees and expenses of trustees, depositaries,
financial advisors, and the costs associated with the issuance of bonds. It does not include the cost of feasibility
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.