- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 45. Municipal Taxation
- Section 660. Notice of Sales and Use Tax.
previous: Section 650
. Sales and Use Tax.
next: Section 670
. Referendum, Adoption, and Modification.
AS 29.45.660. Notice of Sales and Use Tax.
- (a) If the borough levies and collects only a sales tax and use tax, the assembly shall provide a notice substantially in
the form set out in AS 29.45.020
. In providing notice under this subsection, the assembly shall substitute for the millage equivalency its estimate of
the equivalent sales tax rate for each of the categories of financial assistance set out in AS 29.45.020
. Notice shall be provided
- (1) by publishing in a newspaper of general circulation in the borough a copy of the notice once each week for a period of
three successive weeks, with publication to occur not later than 45 days after the final adoption of the borough's
- (2) if there is no newspaper of general circulation in the borough, by posting a copy of the notice for at least 20 days
in at least two public places in the borough, with posting to occur not later than 45 days after the final adoption of
the borough's budget.
- (b) Compliance with the provisions of this section is a prerequisite to receipt of municipal tax resource equalization
under AS 29.60.010
- 29.60.080 and priority revenue sharing for
municipal services under AS 29.60.100 - 29.60.180. The department shall withhold annual
allocations under those sections until municipal officials demonstrate that the requirements of this section have been
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.