- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 45. Municipal Taxation
- Section 250. Rates of Penalty and Interest.
previous: Section 240
. Establishment of Levy and Determination of Rate.
next: Section 290
AS 29.45.250. Rates of Penalty and Interest.
- (a) A penalty not to exceed 20 percent of the tax due may be added to all delinquent taxes, and interest not to exceed 15
percent a year shall accrue upon all unpaid taxes, not including penalty, from the due date until paid in full. A
municipality may impose a penalty not to exceed 20 percent of the tax due upon the late return of personal property
assessment forms. A penalty under this section may be imposed according to a formula that increases the amount of the
penalty as the length of time increases during which payment is delinquent or assessment forms are not returned.
- (b) If a taxpayer is given the right to pay the tax in two installments, penalty and interest on an unpaid installment
accrues from the date the installment becomes due.
Article 02. ENFORCEMENT OF TAX LIENS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.