- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 45. Municipal Taxation
- Section 240. Establishment of Levy and Determination of Rate.
previous: Section 230
. Tax Adjustments On Property Affected By a Disaster.
next: Section 250
. Rates of Penalty and Interest.
AS 29.45.240. Establishment of Levy and Determination of Rate.
- (a) The power granted to a municipality to assess, levy, and collect a property tax shall be exercised by means of an
ordinance. The rate of levy, the date of equalization, and the date when taxes become delinquent shall be fixed by
- (b) A municipality shall annually determine the rate of levy before June 15. By July 1 the tax collector shall mail tax
statements setting out the levy, dates when taxes are payable and delinquent, and penalties and interest.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.