- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 45. Municipal Taxation
- Section 160. Assessment Roll.
previous: Section 150
next: Section 170
. Assessment Notice.
AS 29.45.160. Assessment Roll.
- (a) The assessor shall prepare an annual assessment roll. The roll must contain
- (1) a description of all property subject to an ad valorem tax;
- (2) the assessed value of all property subject to an ad valorem tax;
- (3) the names and addresses of persons with property subject to an ad valorem tax.
- (b) The assessor may list real property by any description that may be made certain. Real property is assessed to the
record owner. The district recorder shall at least monthly provide the assessor a copy of each recorded change of
ownership showing the name and mailing address of the owner and the name and mailing address of the person recording
the change of ownership. Other persons having an interest in the property may be listed on the assessment records with
the owner. The person in whose name property is listed as owner is conclusively presumed to be the legal record owner.
If the property owner is unknown, the property may be assessed to "unknown owner". An assessment is not invalidated by
a mistake, omission, or error in the name of the owner, if the property is correctly described.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.