- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 45. Municipal Taxation
- Section 105. Errors in Taxation Procedures.
previous: Section 103
. Taxation Records.
next: Section 110
. Full and True Value.
AS 29.45.105. Errors in Taxation Procedures.
- (a) If a municipality receives a notice from the state assessor that major errors have been found in its assessment,
valuation, or taxation procedures, the municipality shall correct its procedures before the beginning of the next
fiscal year or file an appeal under (b) of this section.
- (b) A municipality may appeal a notice from the state assessor that it has made a major error in assessment, valuation or
taxation procedures by filing an appeal with the commissioner within 30 days after receipt of notice of error.
- (c) The commissioner, after consulting with the Alaska Association of Assessing Officers, shall render a decision within
60 days after the receipt of a request under (b) of this section. If the commissioner determines that a major error has
been made in assessment, valuation or taxation procedures the commissioner shall notify the municipality of changes
that must be made and the municipality shall correct its procedures before the beginning of the next fiscal year.
- (d) If errors in its assessment, valuation or taxation procedures have resulted in a loss of revenue to the state, the
municipality shall reimburse the state for the amount of revenues lost.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.