- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 40. Planning, Platting, and Land Use Regulation
- Section 200. Subdivisions of State Land.
previous: Section 190
. Civil Remedies and Penalties.
next: Chapter 41
. Powers of Third Class Boroughs
AS 29.40.200. Subdivisions of State Land.
- (a) The subdivision requirements adopted under this chapter apply to a subdivision plat of undeveloped state land for
disposal under AS 38.05 or AS 38.08 filed with the platting authority. Subdivision ordinances and
regulations adopted after the platting authority is notified by the commissioner of natural resources of a proposed
sale of subdivided state land under AS 38.05 or AS 38.08 do not apply to the state land in the proposed sale.
- (b) The platting authority shall approve and sign a subdivision plat of state land within 60 days after its receipt from
the commissioner of natural resources unless the platting authority
- (1) determines that the plat does not comply with subdivision requirements; and
- (2) notifies the commissioner of each determination of noncompliance within the 60-day period established in this
- (c) The commissioner of natural resources may withdraw the subdivision plat and amend it in response to the determination
of noncompliance by the platting authority under (b) of this section. The platting authority shall respond within 30
days to the amendment or response from the commissioner of natural resources.
- (d) Nothing in this section relieves the Department of Natural Resources of its obligations to provide legal access to a
- (e) This section applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.