Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 40. Planning, Platting, and Land Use Regulation
- Section 40. Land Use Regulation.
previous: Section 30
. Comprehensive Plan.
next: Section 50
. Appeals From Administrative Decisions.
AS 29.40.040. Land Use Regulation.
- (a) In accordance with a comprehensive plan adopted under AS 29.40.030
and in order to implement the plan, the assembly by ordinance shall adopt or amend provisions governing the use and
occupancy of land that may include, but are not limited to,
- (1) zoning regulations restricting the use of land and improvements by geographic districts;
- (2) land use permit requirements designed to encourage or discourage specified uses and construction of specified
structures, or to minimize unfavorable effects of uses and the construction of structures;
- (3) measures to further the goals and objectives of the comprehensive plan.
- (b) A variance from a land use regulation adopted under this section may not be granted if
- (1) special conditions that require the variance are caused by the person seeking the variance;
- (2) the variance will permit a land use in a district in which that use is prohibited; or
- (3) the variance is sought solely to relieve pecuniary hardship or inconvenience.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.