Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 70. Public Utilities.
previous: Section 60
. Franchises and Permits.
next: Section 80
. Alcoholic Beverages.
AS 29.35.070. Public Utilities.
- (a) The assembly acting for the area outside all cities in the borough and the council acting for the area in a city may
regulate, fix, establish, and change the rates and charges imposed for a utility service provided to the municipality
or its inhabitants by a utility that is not subject to regulation under AS 42.05 unless that utility is exempted from regulation under AS 42.05.711
(a), (d) - (k), (o), or (p), or is exempted under regulations adopted under AS 42.05.810
from complying with all or part of AS 42.05.141
- (b) A municipality may provide for a reasonable deposit for meters and service to be given if interest is paid on the
- (c) Unless the utility is owned by the municipality, all rates, charges, and regulations established under this section
shall be established by ordinance and shall be reasonable and permit a fair return on invested capital.
- (d) This section applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.