Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 60. Franchises and Permits.
previous: Section 55
. Local Air Quality Control Program.
next: Section 70
. Public Utilities.
AS 29.35.060. Franchises and Permits.
- (a) The assembly acting for the area outside all cities in the borough and the council acting for the area in a city may
grant franchises, including exclusive franchise privileges, to a person, corporation, organization, or utility not
certificated by the former Alaska Public Utilities Commission or by the Regulatory Commission of Alaska and may permit
the use of streets and other public places by the franchise holder under regulations prescribed by ordinance.
- (b) Unless the grant is made on a competitive basis, the grant of an exclusive right to use a public street or
right-of-way for more than five years to a utility or a transportation system not certificated by the former Alaska
Public Utilities Commission or by the Regulatory Commission of Alaska shall be valid only if approved by a majority of
the voters at an election.
- (c) This section applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.