Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 26. Elections
- Section 350. Successors.
previous: Section 340
next: Section 360
AS 29.26.350. Successors.
- (a) If an official is recalled from the governing body, the office of that official is filled in accordance with AS 29.20.180
. If all members of the governing body are recalled, the governor shall appoint three qualified persons to the
governing body. The appointees shall appoint additional members to fill remaining vacancies in accordance with AS 29.20.180.
- (b) If a member of the school board is recalled, the office of that member is filled in accordance with AS 14.12.070
. If all members are recalled from a school board, the governor shall appoint three qualified persons to the school
board. The appointees shall appoint additional members to fill remaining vacancies in accordance with AS 14.12.070.
- (c) A person who has been recalled may not be appointed under (a) or (b) of this section to the office from which the
person was recalled. A person appointed under (a) or (b) of this section serves until a successor is elected and takes
- (d) If an official other than a member of the governing body or school board is recalled, a successor shall be elected to
fill the unexpired portion of the term. The election shall be held not more than 60 days after the date the recall
election is certified, except that if a regular election occurs within 75 days after certification the successor shall
be chosen at that election.
- (e) Nominations for a successor may be filed until seven days before the last date on which a first notice of the election
must be given. Nominations may not be filed before the certification of the recall election.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.