Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 180. Filling a Vacancy.
previous: Section 170
next: Section 220
. Executive Power.
AS 29.20.180. Filling a Vacancy.
- (a) If a vacancy occurs in a governing body, the remaining members shall, within 30 days unless a different period is
provided by ordinance, appoint a qualified person to fill the vacancy. If less than 30 days remain in a term, a vacancy
may not be filled.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, if the membership is reduced to fewer than the number required to constitute a
quorum, the remaining members shall, within seven days, appoint a number of qualified persons to constitute a quorum.
- (c) A person appointed under this section serves until the next regular election, when a successor shall be elected to
serve the balance of the term.
Article 03. MUNICIPAL EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATOR
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.