Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 500. Powers and Duties of a Manager.
previous: Section 490
. Appointment of Manager.
next: Section 510
. Intergovernmental Appointment of Manager.
AS 29.20.500. Powers and Duties of a Manager.
The manager may hire necessary administrative assistants and may authorize an administrative official to appoint,
suspend, or remove subordinates. As chief administrator the manager shall
- (1) appoint, suspend, or remove municipal employees and administrative officials, except as provided otherwise in this
title and AS 14.14.065
- (2) supervise the enforcement of municipal law and carry out the directives of the governing body;
- (3) prepare and submit an annual budget and capital improvement program for consideration by the governing body, and
execute the budget and capital improvement program adopted;
- (4) make monthly financial reports and other reports on municipal finances and operations as required by the governing
- (5) exercise custody over all real and personal property of the municipality, except property of the school district;
- (6) perform other duties required by law or by the governing body; and
- (7) serve as personnel officer, unless the governing body authorizes the manager to appoint a personnel officer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.