Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 490. Appointment of Manager.
previous: Section 480
. Adoption of Manager Plan.
next: Section 500
. Powers and Duties of a Manager.
AS 29.20.490. Appointment of Manager.
- (a) The governing body shall appoint a manager by a majority vote of its membership. A manager is chosen on the basis of
administrative qualifications and receives the compensation set by the governing body. A member of the governing body
may not be appointed manager of the municipality sooner than one year after leaving office, except by a vote of
three-fourths of the authorized membership of the governing body.
- (b) Subject to the contract of employment, the manager holds office at the pleasure of the governing body.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.