Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 150. Term of Office.
previous: Section 140
next: Section 160
. Procedures of Governing Bodies.
AS 29.20.150. Term of Office.
- (a) A member of the governing body is elected for a three-year term and until a successor qualifies, unless a different
term not exceeding four years is prescribed by home rule charter or ordinance.
- (b) Except when otherwise required by a change in composition or apportionment, if the term of a member of a governing
body is changed by charter or ordinance the term of the member holding office when the change becomes effective is not
- (c) The regular term of office begins on the first Monday following certification of the election, unless a different date
is prescribed by charter or ordinance.
- (d) This section applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.