Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 280. Requirements For Approval of Formation and Election of Charter Commission.
previous: Section 270
. Election of Charter Commission.
next: Section 290
. Charter Commission Organization and Procedure.
AS 29.06.280. Requirements For Approval of Formation and Election of Charter Commission.
- (a) The votes on the question of formation of a charter commission shall be tabulated in separate classifications. If the
question is approved by majority vote in each home rule and first class city in the borough and by a majority vote in
the area of the borough outside of all home rule or first class cities, the question is approved. If the question is
not approved by majority vote in each home rule and first class city, a favorable vote by at least 55 percent of all
the voters voting on the question in home rule and first class cities and by a majority of the voters outside those
cities constitutes approval of the question.
- (b) If formation of a charter commission is approved, the candidates who received the highest number of votes from their
respective areas shall serve as members of the commission.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.