Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 270. Election of Charter Commission.
previous: Section 260
. Qualifications of Candidates.
next: Section 280
. Requirements For Approval of Formation and Election of Charter Commission.
AS 29.06.270. Election of Charter Commission.
- (a) After receipt of a valid unification petition or adoption of an assembly resolution to propose formation of a charter
commission, the assembly shall submit to the voters the question of whether a charter commission shall be formed to
prepare a proposed unification charter. The vote shall be held at the next regular borough election scheduled at least
90 days after receipt of the petition or adoption of the resolution. The ballot shall be worded exactly as in AS 29.06.210
- (b) The election of charter commission members shall take place at the same time as the election on the question of
formation of the commission.
- (c) All costs incurred in conducting an election under AS 29.06.190
- 29.06.410 shall be paid by the borough.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.