Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 15. Drivers' Licenses
- Section 255. Proof of Financial Responsibility.
previous: Section 253
. Driver Improvement or Alcohol Information Courses.
next: Section 260
. Period of Suspension. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.15.255. Proof of Financial Responsibility.
- (a) The department may not reinstate a driver's license that has been revoked or suspended under AS 28.15.221
- 28.15.261 until the person whose license has been
revoked or suspended provides proof of financial responsibility for the future.
- (b) If a driver accumulates six or more points under AS 28.15.221
- 28.15.261 during a 12-month period, the department
may require the driver to provide proof of financial responsibility for the future as a condition of retaining a
driver's license, and may suspend the driver's license until proof of financial responsibility is provided.
- (c) In this section, the term "proof of financial responsibility" has the meaning given in AS 28.20.630
and may be established as provided in AS 28.20.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.