Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 291. Transfer From Dealer.
previous: Section 290
. Temporary Permits. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 300
. False Statements. [Repealed, Sec. 25, Ch 144 SLA 1977].
AS 28.10.291. Transfer From Dealer.
- (a) A vehicle dealer, upon transferring a vehicle, shall execute an assignment and a warranty of title to the transferee
as provided in AS 28.10.271 and furnish proof of the
sale of the vehicle to the transferee.
- (b) The dealer shall, within 30 days of the transfer of the vehicle, forward to the department the transferee's completed
application for new certificates of title and registration except as provided in (c) of this section. The application
must contain the vehicle dealer's license number and must be accompanied by any required fees and taxes.
- (c) If the transferee indicates in a sworn affidavit that the transferee does not intend to use the vehicle in a manner
requiring registration in this state, the dealer may deliver the certificate of title to the transferee directly. The
dealer shall mail or deliver the affidavit to the department within five days of the transfer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.