Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 30. Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- Section 390. Appearance of Parties and Child.
previous: Section 380
. Information to Be Submitted to Court.
next: Section 400
. Enforcement Under the Hague Convention.
AS 25.30.390. Appearance of Parties and Child.
- (a) In a child custody proceeding in this state, the court may order a party to the proceeding who is in this state to
appear before the court personally with or without the child. The court may order a person who is in this state and who
has physical custody or control of the child to appear in person with the child.
- (b) If a party to a child custody proceeding whose presence is desired by the court is outside this state, the court may
order that a notice given under AS 25.30.840
include a statement directing the party to appear in person with or without the child and informing the party that
failure to appear may result in a decision adverse to the party.
- (c) The court may enter orders necessary to ensure the safety of the child and of a person ordered to appear under this
- (d) If a party to a child custody proceeding who is outside this state is directed to appear under (b) of this section or
desires to appear in person before the court with or without the child, the court may require another party to pay
reasonable and necessary travel and other expenses of the party so appearing and of the child.
Article 02. ENFORCEMENT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.