Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 30. Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- Section 340. Notice; Opportunity to Be Heard; Joinder.
previous: Section 330
. Temporary Emergency Jurisdiction.
next: Section 350
. Simultaneous Proceedings.
AS 25.30.340. Notice; Opportunity to Be Heard; Joinder.
- (a) Before a child custody determination is made under this chapter, notice and an opportunity to be heard in accordance
with AS 25.30.840
shall be given to all persons entitled to notice under the law of this state as in child custody proceedings between
residents of this state, a parent whose parental rights have not been previously terminated, and a person having
physical custody of the child.
- (b) This chapter does not govern the enforceability of a child custody determination made without notice or an opportunity
to be heard.
- (c) The obligation to join a party and the right to intervene as a party in a child custody proceeding under this chapter
are governed by the law of this state as in child custody proceedings between residents of this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.