Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 40. Determination of Paternity.
previous: Section 30
. Establishment of Fund.
next: Section 45
. Determination of Support Obligation.
AS 25.27.040. Determination of Paternity.
- (a) The agency may appear on behalf of minor children or their mother or legal custodian or the state and initiate efforts
to have the paternity of children born out of wedlock determined by the court. When the agency is a party to a court
action in which paternity is contested, it shall request and pay for genetic testing and procedures under AS 25.20.050
(e) and may recover the costs of the testing as provided in AS 25.20.050
- (b) The agency may not attempt to establish paternity in any case
- (1) involving incest or forcible rape, unless the mother of the child is legally competent and requests the establishment
of paternity; in this paragraph, "forcible rape" means sexual assault in the first degree under AS 11.41.410
or a conviction under a law or ordinance from another jurisdiction with similar elements; "forcible rape" includes
adjudications of delinquency for acts with elements similar to AS 11.41.410;
- (2) when legal proceedings for adoption are pending; or
- (3) when it would not be in the best interests of the children or the state.
- (c) When the agency is a party in a court action in which paternity is contested, the agency shall move for a default
judgment in a case that meets the conditions specified in AS 25.20.050
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.