Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 22. Establishment and Enforcement Requests From Other States.
previous: Section 20
. Duties and Responsibilities of the Agency.
next: Section 25
. Rate of Interest.
AS 25.27.022. Establishment and Enforcement Requests From Other States.
- (a) The agency may act, under the laws of this state, upon requests from similar state agencies in other states that
operate child support enforcement programs under 42 U.S.C. 651 - 669 (Title IV-D Social Security Act) to establish or
disestablish paternity and to establish and enforce against obligors within this state support obligations determined
in other states.
- (b) Except for requests for assistance made under (c) of this section or AS 25.25.501
, requests from child support enforcement agencies in other states shall be made by application containing the
information that this state's agency requires and including written authorization from the requesting state agency and
the obligee for this state's agency to initiate necessary action.
- (c) Requests from a child support agency of another state for assistance in enforcing support orders through high-volume
automated administrative enforcement may be made by electronic or other means and must include the information required
by 42 U.S.C. 666(a)(14).
- (d) An employer receiving an income withholding order from a child support agency of another state shall comply with the
choice of law provisions of AS 25.25.502
(d), 25.25.503, and 42 U.S.C. 666(b)(6)(A)(i)(V).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.