Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 25. Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- Section 602. Procedure to Register Order For Enforcement.
previous: Section 601
. Registration of Order For Enforcement.
next: Section 603
. Effect of Registration For Enforcement.
AS 25.25.602. Procedure to Register Order For Enforcement.
- (a) A support order or income withholding order of another state may be registered in this state by sending the following
documents and information to a tribunal of this state:
- (1) a letter of transmittal to the tribunal requesting registration and enforcement;
- (2) two copies, including one certified copy, of all orders to be registered, including any modification of an order;
- (3) a sworn statement by the party seeking registration or a certified statement by the custodian of the records showing
the amount of any arrearage;
- (4) the name of the obligor and, if known,
- (A) the obligor's address and social security number;
- (B) the name and address of the obligor's employer and any other source of income of the obligor; and
- (C) a description and the location of property in this state of the obligor not exempt from execution; and
- (5) the name and address of the obligee and, if applicable, the agency or person to whom support payments are to be
- (b) On receipt of a request for registration, the registering tribunal shall file the order as a foreign judgment,
together with one copy of the documents and information, regardless of their form.
- (c) A complaint or comparable pleading seeking a remedy that must be affirmatively sought under other law of this state
may be filed at the same time as the request for registration or later. The pleading must specify the grounds for the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.