Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 25. Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- Section 506. Contest By Obligor.
previous: Section 505
. Penalties For Noncompliance.
next: Section 507
. Administrative Enforcement of Orders.
AS 25.25.506. Contest By Obligor.
- (a) An obligor may contest the validity or enforcement of an income withholding order issued in another state and received
directly by an employer in this state in the same manner as if the order were issued by a tribunal of this state. The
provisions of AS 25.25.604
apply to the contest.
- (b) The obligor shall give notice of the contest to
- (1) a support enforcement agency providing services to the obligee;
- (2) each employer that has directly received an income withholding order; and
- (3) if
- (A) a person or an agency is designated to receive payments in the income withholding order, to that person or agency; or
- (B) no person or agency is designated to receive payments in the income withholding order, to the obligee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.