Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 25. Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- Section 305. Duties and Powers of Responding Tribunal.
previous: Section 304
. Duties of Initiating Tribunal.
next: Section 306
. Inappropriate Tribunal.
AS 25.25.305. Duties and Powers of Responding Tribunal.
- (a) When a responding tribunal of this state receives a complaint or comparable pleading from an initiating tribunal or
directly under AS 25.25.301(c), it shall cause the
complaint or pleading to be filed and notify the petitioner where and when it was filed.
- (b) A responding tribunal of this state, to the extent otherwise specifically authorized by law, may do one or more of the
- (1) issue or enforce a support order, modify a child support order, or render a judgment to determine parentage;
- (2) order an obligor to comply with a support order, specifying the amount and the manner of compliance;
- (3) order income withholding;
- (4) determine the amount of any arrearages, and specify a method of payment;
- (5) enforce orders by civil or criminal contempt, or both;
- (6) set aside property for satisfaction of the support order;
- (7) place liens and order execution on the obligor's property;
- (8) order an obligor to keep the tribunal informed of the obligor's current residential address, telephone number,
employer, address of employment, and telephone number at the place of employment;
- (9) issue a bench warrant for an obligor who has failed after proper notice to appear at a hearing ordered by the tribunal
and enter the bench warrant in any local and state computer systems for criminal warrants;
- (10) order the obligor to seek appropriate employment by specified methods;
- (11) award reasonable attorney fees and other fees and costs; and
- (12) grant any other available remedy.
- (c) A responding tribunal of this state shall include in a support order issued under this chapter, or in the documents
accompanying the order, the calculations on which the support order is based.
- (d) A responding tribunal of this state may not condition the payment of a support order issued under this chapter upon
compliance by a party with provisions for visitation.
- (e) If a responding tribunal of this state issues an order under this chapter, the tribunal shall send a copy of the order
to the petitioner and the respondent and to the initiating tribunal, if any.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.