Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 20. Parent and Child
- Section 65. Visitation Rights of Grandparent.
previous: Section 61
. Visitation in Proceedings Involving Domestic Violence.
next: Section 70
. Temporary Custody of the Child.
AS 25.20.065. Visitation Rights of Grandparent.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a child's grandparent may petition the superior court for an order
establishing reasonable rights of visitation between the grandparent and child if
- (1) the grandparent has established or attempted to establish ongoing personal contact with the child; and
- (2) visitation by the grandparent is in the child's best interest.
- (b) After a decree or final order relating to child custody is entered under AS 25.20.060
or AS 25.24.150
or relating to an adoption under AS 25.23, a grandparent may
petition under this section only if
- (1) the grandparent did not request the court to grant visitation rights during the pendency of proceedings under AS 25.20.060
, AS 25.23, or AS 25.24; or
- (2) there has been a change in circumstances relating to the custodial parent or the minor child that justifies
reconsideration of the grandparent's visitation rights.
- (c) When determining whether to grant rights of visitation between a grandparent and grandchild under this section, AS 25.20.060
, or AS 25.24, and when determining the terms and conditions to
be attached to a right of grandparent visitation, the court shall consider whether there is a history of child abuse or
domestic violence attributable to the grandparent's son or daughter who is a parent of the grandchild.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.