Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 5. Alaska Marriage Code
- Section 11. Civil Contract.
previous: Section 10
. Marriage a Civil Contract. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 58 SLA 1963]
next: Section 13
. Same-Sex Marriages.
AS 25.05.011. Civil Contract.
- (a) Marriage is a civil contract entered into by one man and one woman that requires both a license and solemnization. The
man and the woman must each be at least one of the following:
- (1) 18 years of age or older and otherwise capable;
- (2) qualified for a license under AS 25.05.171
- (3) a member of the armed forces of the United States while on active duty.
- (b) A person may not be joined in marriage in this state until a license has been obtained for that purpose as provided in
this chapter. A marriage performed in this state is not valid without solemnization as provided in this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.