Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 45. Regulation of Lobbying
- Section 51. Reports.
previous: Section 50
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 167 SLA 1976].
next: Section 60
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 167 SLA 1976].
AS 24.45.051. Reports.
- (a) Each lobbyist registered under AS 24.45.041
shall file with the commission a report concerning the lobbyist's activities during each reporting period prescribed
in AS 24.45.081
, so long as the lobbyist continues to engage in lobbying activities. The report shall be made on a form prescribed by
the commission and filed in accordance with AS 24.45.071 and 24.45.081. Upon request of the commission, information
required under this section shall be submitted electronically. The report also must include any changes in the
information required to be supplied under AS 24.45.041
(b) and the following information for the reporting period, as applicable:
- (1) the source of income, as defined in AS 39.50.200
(a) and the monetary value of all payments, including but not limited to salary, fees, and reimbursement of expenses,
received in consideration for or directly or indirectly in support of or in connection with influencing legislative or
administrative action, and the full name and complete address of each person from whom amounts or things of value have
been received and the total monetary value received from each person;
- (2) the aggregate amount of disbursements or expenditures made or incurred during the period in support of or in
connection with influencing legislative or administrative action by the lobbyist, or on behalf of the lobbyist by the
lobbyist's employer in the following categories:
- (A) food and beverages;
- (B) living accommodations;
- (C) travel;
- (3) the date and nature of any gift exceeding $100 in value made to a public official and the full name and official
position of that person;
- (4) the name and official position of each public official, and the name of each member of the immediate family of any of
these officials, with whom the lobbyist has engaged in an exchange of money, goods, services, or anything of more than
$100 in value and the nature and date of each of these exchanges and the monetary values exchanged;
- (5) the name and address of any business entity in which the lobbyist knows or has reason to know that a public official
is a proprietor, partner, director, officer or manager, or has a controlling interest, and whom the lobbyist has
engaged in an exchange of money, goods, services, or anything of value and the nature and date of each exchange and the
monetary value exchanged if the total value of these exchanges is $100 or more in a calendar year; and
- (6) a notice of termination if the lobbyist has ceased the lobbying activity that required registration under this chapter
and if this report constitutes the final report of the lobbyist's activities.
- (b) A lobbyist required to report to the commission under (a) of this section, who provides or
pays for food or beverage for immediate consumption by a legislator or legislative employee or a spouse or domestic
partner of a legislator or legislative employee shall report the date the food or beverage was provided or paid for and
the recipient's name and relationship to the legislator or legislative employee, unless the food and beverage
- (1) cost $15 or less; or
- (2) are provided as part of an event that is open to all legislators or legislative employees.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.