Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 20. Agencies of the Legislature
- Section 201. Powers.
previous: Section 200
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 95 SLA 1971].
next: Section 206
AS 24.20.201. Powers.
- (a) The Legislative Budget and Audit Committee has the power to
- (1) organize, adopt rules for the conduct of its business, and prescribe procedures for the comprehensive fiscal analysis,
budget review, and post-audit functions;
- (2) hold public hearings, administer oaths, issue subpoenas, compel the attendance of witnesses and production of papers,
books, accounts, documents, and testimony, and have the deposition of witnesses taken in a manner prescribed by court
rule or law for taking depositions in civil actions;
- (3) require all state officials and agencies of state government to give full cooperation to the committee or its staff in
assembling and furnishing requested information;
- (4) review revenue projections, state agency appropriation requests, the expenditure of state funds, including the
relationship between state agency program accomplishments and legislative intent, and the fiscal policies and
procedures of state government;
- (5) review and approve proposed changes to agency authorized budgets as provided in AS 37.07 (Executive Budget Act);
- (6) make recommendations concerning appropriations, their expenditure, and the fiscal policies and procedures of state
government to the governor when appropriate, and to the legislature;
- (7) prepare and distribute reports, memoranda, or other necessary materials;
- (8) sue in the name of the legislature during the interim between sessions if authorized by majority vote of the full
membership of the committee;
- (9) [Repealed, Sec. 7 ch 67 SLA 2003].
- (10) make recommendations to the legislature and to agencies of the state that perform lending or investment functions
concerning the structure and operating practices of the agencies;
- (11) enter into and enforce all contracts necessary or desirable for the functions of the committee;
- (12) provide for annual post audits of the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation, the Alaska Aerospace Development
Corporation, and the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority.
- (b) Nothing in this chapter authorizes the referral by the presiding officer of legislation to the committee at regular or
special sessions of the legislature.
- (c) The Legislative Budget and Audit Committee may delegate the powers authorized by (a)(2) of this section to the
legislative fiscal analyst and the legislative auditor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.