Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 20. Agencies of the Legislature
- Section 65. Examination of Regulations and Opinions.
previous: Section 62
. Legislative Internship Program.
next: Section 70
. Revision of Statutes.
AS 24.20.065. Examination of Regulations and Opinions.
- (a) The legislative council shall annually examine administrative regulations, published opinions of state and federal
courts and of the Department of Law, and final decisions adopted under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) that rely on state statutes or
the common law of the state to determine if
- (1) the courts and agencies are properly implementing legislative purposes;
- (2) there are court or agency expressions of dissatisfaction with state statutes or the common law of the state;
- (3) the opinions, decisions, or regulations indicate unclear or ambiguous statutes;
- (4) the courts have modified or revised the common law of the state.
- (b) The legislative council shall prepare a comprehensive report of the annual examination with recommendations and, at
the start of each regular session, notify the legislature that the report is available.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.