Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 40. Labor Organizations
- Section 245. Postsecondary Student Involvement in Collective Bargaining.
previous: Section 240
. Effect On Certain Units, Representatives, and Agreements.
next: Section 250
AS 23.40.245. Postsecondary Student Involvement in Collective Bargaining.
- (a) When a bargaining unit includes members of the faculty or other employees of a public institution of postsecondary
education, the public employer and the representative of the bargaining unit shall permit student representatives of
that institution to
- (1) attend and observe all meetings between the public employer and the representative of the bargaining unit which are
involved with collective bargaining;
- (2) have access to all documents pertaining to collective bargaining exchanged by the employer and the representative of
the bargaining unit, including copies of transcripts of the meetings.
- (b) Student representatives may not disclose information concerning the substance of collective bargaining obtained in the
course of their activities under (a) of this section, unless that information is released by the employer or the
representative of the bargaining unit.
- (c) For the purpose of this section, the students of the institution involved in negotiations shall select their
representatives from the institution directly involved in negotiations.
- (d) When the institutions are negotiating with bargaining units representing more than one major geographic area of the
state, the student representatives shall be from those areas. No more than three student representatives may attend
meetings at any time.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.