Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 40. Labor Organizations
- Section 210. Agreement; Cost-of-Living Differential.
previous: Section 205
. Family Leave.
next: Section 212
. Agreement With the Board of Regents.
AS 23.40.210. Agreement; Cost-of-Living Differential.
- (a) Upon the completion of negotiations between an organization and a public employer, if a settlement is reached, the
employer shall reduce it to writing in the form of an agreement. The agreement may include a term for which it will
remain in effect, not to exceed three years. The agreement shall include a pay plan designed to provide for a
cost-of-living differential between the salaries paid employees residing in the state and employees residing outside
the state. The plan shall provide that the salaries paid, as of August 26, 1977, to employees residing outside the
state shall remain unchanged until the difference between those salaries and the salaries paid employees residing in
the state reflects the difference between the cost of living in Alaska and living in Seattle, Washington. The
agreement shall include a grievance procedure which shall have binding arbitration as its final step. Either party to
the agreement has a right of action to enforce the agreement by petition to the labor relations agency.
- (b) An employee is eligible for the cost-of-living differential under (a) of this section only if the individual is a
state resident. The required presence of an employee at a work station where room and board are provided or reimbursed
by the employer may not be considered to be physical presence in the state or physical absence from the state for
purposes of determining eligibility for the cost-of-living differential.
- (c) The commissioner of administration may adopt regulations under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) to clarify and implement the
criteria for establishing and maintaining eligibility for the cost-of-living differential.
- (d) An agreement entered into under AS 23.40.070
- 23.40.260 must require compliance with the
eligibility criteria for receiving the cost-of-living differential contained in this section and the regulations
adopted by the commissioner under (c) of this section.
- (e) In this section, "state resident" means an individual who is physically present in the state with the intent to remain
permanently in the state under the requirements of AS 01.10.055
or, if the individual is not physically present in the state, intends to return to the state and remain permanently in
the state under the requirements of AS 01.10.055
and is absent only temporarily for reasons allowed under AS 43.23.008
or a successor statute.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.