Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 40. Labor Organizations
- Section 160. Power to Investigate and Compel Testimony.
previous: Section 150
. Enforcement By Injunction.
next: Section 170
AS 23.40.160. Power to Investigate and Compel Testimony.
- (a) For the purpose of the investigations, proceedings, or hearings which the labor relations agency considers necessary
to carry out the provisions of AS 23.40.070
- 23.40.260, the labor relations agency may issue
subpoenas requiring the attendance and testimony of witnesses and the production of relevant evidence.
- (b) The labor relations agency may administer oaths, examine witnesses, and receive evidence.
- (c) The attendance of witnesses and the production of evidence may be required from any place in the state at any
designated place of hearing.
- (d) If a person refuses to obey a subpoena issued under AS 23.40.070
- 23.40.260, the superior court in the district in
which the person resides or is found may, upon application by the labor relations agency, issue an order requiring the
person to comply with the subpoena.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.