Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 30. Alaska Workers' Compensation Act
- Section 245. Invalid Agreements.
previous: Section 244
. Emergency and Disaster Relief Forces as State Employees.
next: Section 247
. Discrimination Prohibited.
AS 23.30.245. Invalid Agreements.
- (a) An agreement by an employee to pay a portion of the premium paid by the employer to a carrier or to contribute to a
benefit fund or department maintained by the employer for the purpose of providing compensation or medical services and
supplies as required by this chapter is not valid. An employer who makes a deduction for this purpose from the pay of
an employee entitled to the benefits of this chapter is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction is punishable by a
fine of not more than $1,000.
- (b) An agreement by an employee to waive the right to compensation under this chapter is not valid.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.