Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 30. Alaska Workers' Compensation Act
- Section 135. Procedure Before the Board.
previous: Section 130
. Modification of Awards.
next: Section 140
. Appointment of Guardian By Court.
AS 23.30.135. Procedure Before the Board.
- (a) In making an investigation or inquiry or conducting a hearing the board is not bound by common law or statutory rules
of evidence or by technical or formal rules of procedure, except as provided by this chapter. The board may make its
investigation or inquiry or conduct its hearing in the manner by which it may best ascertain the rights of the parties.
Declarations of a deceased employee concerning the injury in respect to which the investigation or inquiry is being
made or the hearing conducted shall be received in evidence and are, if corroborated by other evidence, sufficient to
establish the injury.
- (b) All testimony given during a hearing before the board shall be recorded, but need not be transcribed unless further
review is initiated. Hearings before the board shall be open to the public.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.