Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 30. Alaska Workers' Compensation Act
- Section 17. Immunity For Third-Party Design Professional.
previous: Section 15
. Compensation Where Third Persons Are Liable.
next: Section 20
. Chapter Part of Contract of Hire.
AS 23.30.017. Immunity For Third-Party Design Professional.
- (a) A person entitled to compensation under this chapter as a result of injury occurring at the job site of a construction
project may not bring a civil action to recover damages for that injury against a design professional or an employee of
a design professional who provides professional services for the construction project.
- (b) This section does not apply to a person receiving compensation under this chapter who is injured at a job site at
which the design professional or employee of the design professional
- (1) specifically assumed responsibility for job site safety practices under a contract;
- (2) actually exercises control over the premises where the injury occurred; or
- (3) prepared design plans or specifications, the plans or specifications contributed to the injury, and the plans or
specifications were prepared negligently, recklessly, or with intentional misconduct.
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "design professional" means a person registered under AS 08.48
as an architect, engineer, or land surveyor;
- (2) "professional services" means services provided by a design professional that are within the scope of services for
which the design professional is registered.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.