Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 30. Alaska Workers' Compensation Act
- Section 1. Intent of the Legislature and Construction of Chapter.
previous: Chapter 30
. Alaska Workers' Compensation Act
next: Section 2
. Division of Worker's Compensation; Director.
AS 23.30.001. Intent of the Legislature and Construction of Chapter.
It is the intent of the legislature that
- (1) this chapter be interpreted so as to ensure the quick, efficient, fair, and predictable delivery of indemnity
and medical benefits to injured workers at a reasonable cost to the employers who are subject to the provisions of this chapter;
- (2) workers' compensation cases shall be decided on their merits except where otherwise provided by statute;
- (3) this chapter may not be construed by the courts in favor of a party;
- (4) hearings in workers' compensation cases shall be impartial and fair to all parties and that all parties shall
be afforded due process and an opportunity to be heard and for their arguments and evidence to be fairly considered.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.