Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 400. Limitation of Fees.
previous: Section 395
. Waiver of Rights Void.
next: Section 401
. Child Support Interception.
AS 23.20.400. Limitation of Fees.
- (a) An individual claiming benefits may not be charged a fee of any kind in a proceeding under this chapter by the
department or its representatives, or by a court or an officer of a court. An individual claiming benefits in a
proceeding before the department or its representatives or a court may be represented by counsel or other authorized
agent; but the counsel or agent may not charge or receive for services more than an amount approved by the department
or the court.
- (b) A person who violates a provision of this section upon conviction is punishable, for each offense, by a fine of not
more than $500, or by imprisonment for not more than six months, or by both.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.