Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 395. Waiver of Rights Void.
previous: Section 392
. Deductions From Back Pay Awards.
next: Section 400
. Limitation of Fees.
AS 23.20.395. Waiver of Rights Void.
- (a) An agreement by an individual to waive, release, or commute the individual's right to benefits or any other rights
under this chapter is void.
- (b) An agreement by an individual in the employ of a person or concern to pay all or a portion of an employer's
contributions required under this chapter from the employer is void.
- (c) An employer may not make or require or accept a deduction from wages to finance the employer's contributions required
from the employer, or require or accept a waiver of any right under this chapter by an employee. An employer or
officer or agent of an employer who violates a provision of this section upon conviction is punishable, for each
offense, by a fine of not more than $1,000, or by imprisonment for not more than six months, or by both.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.