Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 280. Eligible Employer.
previous: Section 278
. Financing Benefits Paid to Employees of the State and Its Political Subdivisions.
next: Section 281
. Ineligible Employer.
AS 23.20.280. Eligible Employer.
- (a) An employer is eligible for a rate determination in accordance with the provisions of AS 23.20.280
- 23.20.310 and the department regulations if the
employer has been subject to this chapter throughout not less than the four consecutive calendar quarters ending with
the computation date and remains subject to this chapter into the calendar quarter which immediately precedes the
effective date of the rate. An employer is not eligible for a rate determination under AS 23.20.280
- 23.20.310 if, with respect to a calendar quarter in
or preceding the employer's qualifying period, the employer has failed to file contribution or payroll reports or to
pay contributions, interest, and penalties required by this chapter within 60 days after the computation date or within
10 days after the department has mailed the employer written notice of the delinquency or of failure to file reports,
or of both, by registered or certified mail to the employer's last address of record, whichever is the later date.
- (b) A report made arbitrarily for an employer by the department under AS 23.20.230
does not entitle an employer to a rate determination under AS 23.20.280
- 23.20.310, but the report may be used to establish
a rate determination in the discretion of the commissioner.
- (c) An employer who, because of failure to pay contributions or file reports timely, does not qualify for a rate
determination under AS 23.20.280 - 23.20.310 shall pay contributions at the highest rate
provided in AS 23.20.280
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.