Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 170. Rate of Contributions.
previous: Section 165
. Payment of Contributions.
next: Section 175
. Base of Contributions.
AS 23.20.170. Rate of Contributions.
- (a) [Repealed, Sec. 80 ch 9 SLA 1980].
- (b) An employer who is not entitled to a rate determination under AS 23.20.280 - 23.20.310 because the employer is ineligible under AS 23.20.281 shall pay contributions at a rate equal to the
average industry tax rate as determined by the commissioner. Assignment by the commissioner of employers to industrial
classification, for the purposes of this subsection, shall be to the industry group code specified in the most current
version of the North American Industry Classification System, United States, in accordance with established
classification practices found in the most current version of the North American Industry Classification System manual
prepared by the United States Office of Management and Budget.
- (c) The standard rate of contributions with respect to employment is 5.4 percent of wages paid. Reductions from the
standard rate may only be made under this section and AS 23.20.280
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.